Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition is now available, and it is giving players the chance to experience the cult classic game on newer hardware. After these fans have gotten an understanding of the title’s standard experience, some may want to alter their playthroughs with the help of cheat codes. Indeed, there are number of cheats that can be used when playing Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and this guide will detail all of them.
To note, all but one of the cheats that work with the newly-released Complete Edition are direct translations of codes from the original version of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. The single outlier is the Noble Sacrifice cheat, which allows players to trade lives for money, as it has changed slightly. This means that, in almost all cases, players that already have the cheat codes for this beat-’em-up memorized will not need to make any adjustments.
With that established, there are two types of cheat codes in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: those that are to be entered at the title screen and those that are to be entered during gameplay. These two types of codes have been divided across the lists below, and the relevant inputs for various controllers have been transposed, when appropriate, for convenience.
- Activate Blood Mode – PS: X, Circle, X, Square, X, Circle, Circle | Xbox: A, B, A, X, A, B, B | Switch: B, A, B, Y, A, A
- Activate Boss Rush Mode – PS: Right, Right, Circle, R1, Right, Right, Circle, R1 | Xbox: Right, Right, B, RB, Right, Right, B, RB| Switch: Right, Right, A, R, Right, Right, A, R
- Activate Survival Horror Mode – Down, Up, Right, Down, Up, Right, Down, Up, Right, Right, Right
- Allow Two Players to Select the Same Character – PS: Down, R1, Up, L1, Triangle, Circle | Xbox: Down, RB, Up, LB, Y, B | Switch: Down, R, Up, L, X, A
- Change Coins into Animals – Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up
- Start Every Level with the Power of Love – PS: Square, Square, Square, X, Circle, Triangle | Xbox: X, X, X, A, B, Y | Switch: Y, Y, Y, B, A, X
- Receive $50 at the Cost of One Life (Noble Sacrifice) – Enter Anytime During Gameplay | PS: Hold X and press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Circle | Xbox: Hold A and press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B | Switch: Hold B and press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A
- Unlock Joseph’s Room (Sound Check Level) – Enter From Map | PS: L1, L1, L1, R1, R1, R1, L1, R1 | Xbox: LB, LB, LB, RB, RB, RB, LB, RB | Switch: L, L, L, R, R, R, L, R
It is worth mentioning that there are also several glitches that players can exploit in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and while they are not exactly cheat codes, they serve a similar function. For example, one glitch allows fans to make infinite money by using the Noble Sacrifice code while they are in possession of a health item. Certainly, players need not use this, or any other exploit, to beat the game, but they can provide a bit of entertainment none the less.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is available for PC, PS4, Stadia, Switch, and Xbox One.